Tuesday, November 01, 2005

a long hard night

I am writing this from a Korean love motel. Believe me, it wasn't intentional.

It all looked fine when we arrived - wooden floor boards, kingsize bed with crisp white linen sheets, surround sound, huge movie size tv, internet access in the room, sterilising machine - pretty cool stuff for a motel and right by the bus terminal too! Pretty good choice for one night in Gyuengju.

But then after handing over the cash and putting our packs down we noticed a few odd things such as a "Hot Love 114" dildo vending machine next to the bed (dildos starting at 10,000won), red and green flashing lights on the ceiling and around the bed, mirrors placed strategically, cleaning ladies working around the clock, men checking in with no luggage, and little packs of condoms and diaphragms alongside our complimentary shampoo and conditioner bottles!

Call me a prude but eeewwwww!! I'm sleeping in my sleeping bag tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Hey, we (and by that I mean the guy sitting next to me - he wants to remain anonymous *coughRobcough*) wanna know the address of this motel. I've been told to ask: Do they have a blow-up doll vending machine, too?

10:59 pm  
Blogger W said...

I'm sure room service can arrange it.

BTW, it was called Icarus Motel.....(reference to some greek god and we still didn't figure it out!)

9:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home