Wednesday, May 18, 2005

...and now I see

Why haven't I had one of these earlier?! Back in Lima and have just had a great massage from a blind masseuse somewhere in San Isidro, on recommendation by one of the twins we met up at the amazon lodge. To test if he was 100% I 'accidentally' dropped 10 soles on the ground to see if he would pick it up. He passed the test, plus for good measure, he bumped into the wall a couple of times so I'm pretty sure he was bonafide. As I lay there, I thought how surreal it was to be in Lima, having a conversation in castellano while being massaged by a blind masseuse.

So, after a coffee and massage with the twins, we were suitably relaxed and enjoyed Lima better than the first time we were here. One of the twins is an expat and has been living in Lima for 4 years working on human rights policies. She, and another guy we met who is also an expat, love Lima. He voluntarily teaches english to underpriviledged kids and is supported by donations from friends back home. Wonderful idea although not so sure my friends will be all that willing to financially support my holiday without being there!

Tomorrow we are off to Quito, Ecuador, and off to the Galapagos Islands sailing. Have been raiding all the book stores around Miraflores and San Isidro to find a good book to read while lazing on the yacht. The selection has been dreadful (and pricey) but fantastic for those who are fans of Danielle Steel.

1 Comments:

Blogger W said...

Shezza, we were there in May and I think you were there in June. Bugger, missed each other by a month!

5:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home